Thursday, June 24, 2010

Speaking of parents...

Why is my dad so able to push my buttons and get under my nails? Sometimes it makes me want to never submit another suggestion. I knew that when I was 14 and I did EFY, my dad thought I was too young. This is the first summer since then I would be able to go down and actually do it because I didn't have responsibilities. I knew my dad loved his time at EFY when he was 17 and 18. I figured it might be a fun experience to drive down with my brother, it would get my car there, I might get some spiritual insight, and I would have opportunities to apply for jobs during the next week. I just *suggested* it--and in turn he basically shot it down as a stupid idea because I wouldn't have enough boys to flirt with. I feel like he not only completely missed my point, but.... I guess I just feel misunderstood. Seriously, just because I'm an 18 year old Mormon girl doesn't mean my only goal in life is to get a husband.

Oh, on top of that, here is a beautiful quote I was given to read at church for a lesson:
Question 4, Quote 2
"Fatherhood is leadership, the most important kind of leadership. It has always been so; it will always be so. Father, with the assistance and counsel and encouragement of your eternal companion, you preside in the home'"

Makes me feel so inspired to go become a mother! So I can devote 9 months of my life to growing a baby inside me, give birth--permanently changing my body, have my husband spend every day at work while I teach my children, raise them, help them grow--so that he can be the most important leader and I can assist him. Oh, don't forget encourage him! You go husband, you're doing such a great job presiding!
Gag me with a spoon, please!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that your relationship with your father is hard. But don't judge the doctrine by his bad choices.

    And don't leave out the quotes on motherhood before you figure out how you feel about it all. You are not a second-class citizen in God's plan. You are not second on the totem pole in your future family.

    ReplyDelete