Friday, April 30, 2010

Adams Apple, Deep Voice, Large Hands...

And an ego???

Long story short, yesterday I dropped a can of spaghetti sauce on my brand new white shoes. A good friend of mine, who is male, worriedly inquired "Are you okay?" I told him that I was fine, although my ego was a little bruised. He almost died of laughter. "Girls don't have egos!" He exclaimed.

I spent the next while talking to, but he was stubborn. Evidently he considers pride right up there with man-parts.

I wonder if this sexist view is more common than I think.

Moreover, it reminds me of how I feel at church sometimes when people bring up the "Girls need to dress modestly because otherwise guys will be aroused because they're helplessly horny". I don't know, it just seems like boys are taught that certain behavior is okay that from a girl would be wrong since boys will be boys. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment